Sunday, December 19, 2010

The Polar Express

Well that was quite a weekend and it ended with a bang.  

Tonight was the annual Polar Express party over at grandma and grandpa Kokoruda's house. It started a long time ago when all the little neighborhood kids were actually little neighborhood kids.  Now they are mostly teenagers, and our kids are the little kids.  I'm not sure if the Polar Express was ever read this go around. We left before any books were cracked, polar or otherwise.  Back in the old days (before we had kids) the K's would invite about 10 kids over, read the Polar Express, and do some sort of craft project and eat some goodies while all wearing Christmas pjs.  No parents allowed.  But because these aforementioned kids are getting too old for all that, it's pretty much just a holiday get together.  Although some of the older kids did still wear pjs, or at least sweatpants. 

Owen, Olivia and Lola were dressed in their Christmas pjs though, and we even got some pictures.  






Lindsay told me I could not wear pjs, because if you're going to drink wine, that rules you out of pj wearability is guess.  Not sure if I agree with that, but I guess I'll move on.  We had ice cream sundaes to go with our wine.  We also discovered that Olivia really likes to play with sleigh bells. Owen likes to eat sleigh bells rather than just listen to them jingle.  But I guess to an 8 month old boy, it's not a toy if you don't try to eat it.  

It was great to see everyone. Now it's time for bed, I'm exhausted.    

No comments:

Post a Comment