Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Transcript of a Parent Update

As most of you know, Justin and I don't see each other during the week.  We talk for a few minutes each afternoon for an update, and they are getting funnier and funnier as Owen and Olivia get chatty.  Here's how today's call went:

Me: I really hope you didn't brush their teeth this morning. 
J: Why?
Me: Because Owen was brushing his potty with his toothbrush last night.  I made a note for myself to buy new toothbrushes, but forgot to note to you to not use these. 
J: No worries, they did not brush teeth this morning. 
J: But Owen did also put some empty medicine syringes in the potty this morning too.  Clearly, this is a problem.  

J: I hid the rain coats because they refused to wear other coats when they saw the rain coats. It's nice outside, so I let them wear the rain coats to the gym. 

J: We went to the car wash.  Owen says hello and bye-bye to the washing equipment each time it goes by. 

Me: That reminds me, Olivia thinks people working the drive thru (i.e. starbucks) should talk to her.  So she also says hello and goodbye to them.  Oh, and when did she learn that McDonalds has fries?  We went through for a soda the other night and she asked for fries.  But then she only ate 2.
J: Maybe she was just pointing out that McDonald's has fries, not necessarily asking for them. 
Me: Good point.  But who wouldn't want fries?

Me: When Owen woke up in the middle of the night last night, he cried for you.  I told him you were sleeping.  That was not acceptable.  So, I lied and told him you were at work.  That was totally acceptable, but I feel bad for lying. 



Owen and Olivia are hilarious these days! 

Justin's work schedule is changing next week, and we'll have evenings together!  Yea!  So, we'll still be single parenting most of the time, at least we'll have some time to catch up with each other each day!

1 comment:

  1. OMG...this is soooooo funny! I'm sorry, but I think it's a riot you lied to Owie and he completely accepted that. Oh and Lola STILL talks to people at drive thrus. When we go to the bank, she thinks they can see and hear her from the backseat and says things like, "Girl, may I please have a sucker?"

    ReplyDelete