Sunday, December 13, 2009

Genders!

Friday was our 16 week appointment and sonogram. We were hopeful that we'd be able to find out the babies genders, but I was trying not to get my hopes up. The tech started by waking up Baby A, who was not very cooperative at first. But, then she was immediately able to identify that Baby A is a boy! Justin and I were both excited! Truly, I have always pictured myself with a boy. The tech also had no problems identifying that Baby B is a girl! It is so perfect! We are both thrilled to get one of each! Baby girl was much more active than Baby boy - she was having a party in there!


Thank goodness the tech determined this first, because the rest of the sonogram took quite awhile. Both babies had great heartbeats (Boy - 160, Girl -150), and we were able to see that the brains, hearts, stomachs, and kidneys all looked good. Both babies measured 15 weeks, 6 days, which was exactly correct according to my due date. We were glad to see they are about the same size as that is something the doctor really watches for with twins.

Overall, I am feeling much better, the babies are doing great, and we are starting to work on the nursery and shopping! I made my first clothing purchases at Janie and Jack. Next on my list - find coordinating twin bedding so I can start decorating!



I hope everyone is having a fantastic holiday season!

3 comments:

  1. Yay for one of each! Couldn't be more perfect and it's great to hear that they are healthy and growing at the rate the are suppose to:) Plus it's wonderful to see you up and about and feeling well!
    Cheers to you & Justin:)
    -Megan

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of each! Wow! What a blessing. Glad to hear that you are feeling well too, Lindsay. Looking forward to seeing you at Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah! So glad to hear everyone's healthy (including you!). That's exciting you'll have one of each.

    ReplyDelete