Thursday, June 2, 2011

Shoes and Curls

I am struggling with shoes.  They don't walk yet, but I really feel like they need to wear shoes.  Olivia has very tiny feet and we haven't been able to get much in her size that isn't a little baby shoe.  Owen prefers to take his shoes off.  Like at the mall.  Where tonight he left his shoe in Nordstrom (thanks Mimi for retrieving it!).  I've been trying to find some closed-toed warmer shoes for our upcoming Colorado trip and just haven't found anything that fits correctly that I like!  Today I returned 6 different pairs of shoes (in all different sizes!).  They may just be those kids that wear socks with their sandals when it's 40 degrees in the mountains!

Olivia definitely has my curls.  It has become so obvious during this humid weather!  I took her out of the bath tonight, brushed her hair, and it was immediately all over the place!  I'll have to get some advice from Kelsey as to how she handles Lola's curls.  The best advice so far - hairbow every day.  She still isn't leaving it in, but I'm trying! 

As for the day with only one nap, they did pretty well.  They didn't sleep as long as I'd like (less than 2 hours), but there weren't any major meltdowns, and they made it to their regular 7:30 bedtime.  So, we'll keep trying and see how it goes. 

Here they are trying to eat snack out of their new no-spill snack bowls.  They could not figure it out!  But it was so cute to watch them try!  I did eventually take the lids off and let them have the cheerios. 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a trip to stride rite is in your future :) I had to buy tie tennis shoes and double knot them until Brady couldn't get them off and finally gave up the fight. I'm marking that as a W for mom! A little embarrassed about feeling proud after outsmarting a one year old.

    ReplyDelete