Monday, August 8, 2011

Some things are just harder with 2

Disclaimer: This post is not to say that having one baby/child is easier.  I've just been running into situations recently that remind me that having 2 babies can be quite difficult!  So, here is today's example: the grocery store. 

Since Justin and I are almost always alone with the kids, we usually pack them up by ourselves and head to the grocery (or sam's club).  I took O&O to Hen House this afternoon.  I like Hen House because their double carts are the most suitable for the kids (it's a car, but the car is at the top by me, and it is fully restraining).  As opposed to the double carts at Target and Walmart, which are made for older kids, and don't really keep my kids secure, or the carts with the car on the front - because Owen tries to escape.  BUT, double carts are not allowed out of the store.  So, here's how it goes down:

1.  Park near a cart area
2.  Get a single, regular cart, and place one baby in it, and carry the other one into the store
3.  Once inside, switch the babies to the double cart and shop
4.  After paying, switch one baby and the groceries back to a regular cart, and carry the 2nd baby to the car (while pushing the cart, of course!) And don't worry, if I forget to switch back (more like, don't want to switch), an employee will kindly remind this crazy eyed, over loaded mother that the double carts do not go outside. 
5.  Load up

Now, 2 important things came to my mind as I was finishing up this trip.  #1.  The checker nicely commented that I usually have my own bags with me, which I had forgotten today.  #2.  This blog post would have been much better if I had taken pictures at each stage of shopping.  My mother kindly reminded me that I could take the pictures next time I shop and go back and add them.  So, if I ever do, I'll post again so you can get the full grasp!

Even though I don't have any grocery related pictures, here are Olivia, Lola, and Lola's cousin Avery at baby Hudson's shower last weekend! 


2 comments:

  1. On a daily basis, I think about how much harder life would be with two. I don't know how you do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your blog. I just nod my head mouthing some form of agreement. I have had to take the 4 kids out and about a lot lately and making it work with the twins is exhausting all by itself.

    ReplyDelete