Saturday, August 25, 2012

Mental Health Day

Every Mom needs a break. Today, I took mine!  I road-tripped to Iowa today to meet this adorable little man:






I can't believe this little Harrison was 5 months old before I met him!  My friend Catherine and I drove to Iowa and back today to spend a few sweet hours with this perfect little boy.  Seriously, not a whine or cry from him the entire afternoon!  We had a wonderful lunch with our friends, Lindsay and Andy (Harrison's parents) and then headed back home. 

It seems crazy; 7 hours in the car for a 4 hour visit.  But I'll tell you what.  It was exactly what I needed.  Catherine and I joked that we couldn't wait to listen to our music, but we actually spent the entire drive chatting about babies, jobs, politics, college and on and on.  It was wonderful.  And it was totally worth it to spend the day with friends catching up on life! 


O&O spent the morning at a parade with Mimi and Papa:


It sounds like they had a great day away from me as well.  I think we all need that every once in awhile. 

Now, to schedule more mental health moments in my future! 

No comments:

Post a Comment