Thursday, February 24, 2011

Long weekend

We had a long weekend, but not just because it was president's day.  We road tripped down to Oklahoma City to attend a funeral for my uncle Tim.  He passed away on Thursday.  I know it was for the wrong reason, but it was good to see all the Schmidts again.  I'm pretty sure everyone enjoyed seeing the twins, other than possibly the family that had the room next to ours.  O&O didn't exactly adjust well to life on the road. It's hard for them to know it's time to go to sleep when there is still so much going on in the one room we all share.  I guess we'll have to get a suite next time so they have their own room that can stay quiet and dark so they know it's time to sleep.  Or we could all just sleep 14 hours a day. I know Lindsay could probably pull it off, I would probably go insane from too much sleep. To top the weekend off, they cried the last 90 minutes of the trip, and Owen threw up all over about a mile from home. I guess this is what parenting is all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment