Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Eyes

Because they were premature, the pediatrician referred Owen and Olivia to a pediatric ophthalmologist.  I have to admit, I was dreading the appointment.  The doctor told us to expect 2 1/2 hours because they have to get their eyes dilated, and also scheduled the appointment during nap.

The babies were great.  Getting drops in their eyes was the easiest part!  The hardest part was entertaining them for 45 minutes after that.  My Mom and I brought toys, and snacks, and they did great.  Owen pushed a car around the waiting area almost the entire time. 

And, I was so impressed with the doctor!  They know exactly what they are doing with little ones.  I really wondered how she would get them to focus and look where she wanted.  The doctor has little animal toys that dance and make noise set up across the room from the chair.  Then in the dark, one animal lights up and dances and the baby would look straight at it!  Amazing! 

And the good news is, both Owen and Olivia have perfect eyes and no signs of issues due to their prematurity! 

1 comment: