Wednesday, November 2, 2011

18 months!

This post is a little belated, but since Olivia and Owen just saw the pediatrician yesterday, I put it off until I had their stats!

You can find 15 month stats here for comparison. 

Olivia - 
Weight - 21 lbs 13.6 oz (14%)
Height - 30 1/4 inches (12%) - I find it hard to believe that she didn't grow at all, this may have been measurement error

Owen - 
Weight - 24 lbs 2.2 oz (24%)
Height - 32 inches (40%)

18 months old tidbits:
  • Talking!  Both have quite the assortment of words.  I would guess around 15 words each, plus an assortment of animal sounds.  Here are a few (and I know as soon as I hit post I'll think of more!)
    • Owen and Olivia: Mama, Dada, Papa, Lola, Nana (Banana), Uh Oh, Bye Bye
    • Olivia: Car, Cracker
    • Owen: More, Moon, Buh( Bus), Ball, Up
  • Walking Backwards and Spinning.  When did that become cool?  I'm not sure.  But they love it when we ask them to walk backwards or spin around.  
  • Body Parts.  They love "washing their hair", and pointing to body parts.
  • Following Directions: It's amazing how they are "learning" to do things.  Each has a basket by the front door for their shoes, and they put their shoes away as soon as we take them off.  
  • Playing in a crib together.  We always call it baby jail, but they just love getting in one crib and giggling together!
  • Singing: If you're
    happy and you know it, Head Shoulders Knees and Toes, and Itsy Bitsy Spider!

No comments:

Post a Comment