Monday, November 7, 2011

Bedtime Stories

Bedtime story time at our house can be a little crazy.  Here are the usual scenarios:

1 - 60% of the time -  Owen sits on my lap and has me read 10 books, or read one book 10 times.  Olivia runs in circles and giggles. 

2 - 20% of the time - Owen sits on my lap and has me read 10 books, or read one book 10 times.  Olivia sits on my lap for one book.

3 - 20% of the time - Owen and Olivia rotate.  While I read to one, the other runs in circles.  Then they switch.

Tonight was different.  They both sat on my lap, together, the entire time, while we read at least 5 stories.  It was amazing.  And calm.  And I hope its the new norm.  And I wish we had hidden cameras so you could have seen it. 

2 comments:

  1. There is something magical about 18 months!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! I can totally envision those sweet little things snuggling on your lap!

    ReplyDelete