Thursday, January 26, 2012

Toddler Talk

Sometime in the last 2 months, our babies grew up.  They are definitely toddlers now.  Our days are filled with constant conversation.  I suppose "Conversation" is a stretch for how we actually talk to each other.  Tonight at dinner, our conversation went something like this, with each of these words repeated about 100 times.

Chili
Water
Fork
Messy
Help (as in, they need help with the spoon)
More
Chips! (fritos with our chili, of course)
Bath
All Done
Car (driving by outside)
Dog (also outside walking by)
Sally?  (as in, is that dog Grandma and Grandpa's dog, Sally?)
Airplane (flying overhead)
Clean
Down
Light
On
Off
Daddy? (as in, where is Daddy?)
Work (repeating Mom's response to previous question)
Mimi?
Russ? (For some reason, they have started calling my Dad just "Russ" as opposed to "Papa Russ")
Music?
Mama!
Erica?
Lola!  (Not really a question about Lola, just an excited statement as if they didn't forget about her)
Hello? (Repeated as I answered my phone, and sounds more like He-whoa?

I am shocked every day at the new words they learn.  I'm sure I'm missing about 50 more from dinner alone. 

I'll end with a few pics.  Olivia is finally keeping her sunglasses on for more than a few seconds....we couldn't find Owen's glasses, and he couldn't figure out Daddy's. 



We also got outside for a little walk!  We are definitely enjoying the nice weather!






No comments:

Post a Comment