Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Pigtails and Stickers

2 year olds are exhausting.  The conversations we have are hysterical.  The fits are out of control.  The little things that cause the fits are so minor it's unbelievable.  And as soon as a fit is over, they are adorable again. 

In order to combat the fits, we've started sticker charts.  When they fill their charts with stickers, they get to pick a surprise from the treasure box (or bag in our case).  I've probably taken 20 pictures of them standing in front of the sticker charts, and I really don't have one decent one.  This is the only one that is remotely useable:



In case you can't read the chart, here are the things they must do to get stickers:
1.  Go to school with no crying
2.  Walk like a big kid (mostly out of school at the end of the day; major problem right now)
3.  Go on the potty
4.  Clean up your toys
5.  Eat dinner at the table (dinner is hard at the end of a school day, they need to eat dinner at the table and have pleasant conversation)
6.  Go to bed with no crying

Most of these things are more recent issues in our house, after school started, and after we took away binkies.  I must admit, I am shocked that they haven't gotten more than 3 stickers each in one day.  Some of these things seem so simple to me!  Ha!  I'm hoping once they get to pick their first surprise from the grab bag, they'll be even more enthused to keep earning stickers!

Since I talked about the hard things, I'll try to do another "According to...." post with all of the adorable things they say an do.  

Olivia has been wearing her hair in pigtails this week.  I told her this morning I needed a picture, so she and Owen immediately went to the front porch, sat down and said "Cheeeeeeessseeeeee". 


1 comment:

  1. Way to go Mom of the year! Love the sticker charts and am totally copying them. Olivia's pigtails are adorable. Reminds me of another curly haired girl ;)

    ReplyDelete