Wednesday, September 5, 2012

The First Day

Tuesday was their first full day of school.  They were both very excited when they got up and as we ate breakfast.  I am not used to getting them up and about so quickly though, so that will be an adjustment for all of us. 

When we got to their classroom, they were both sad that they didn't get to go straight outside to play, which is how it went on their transition days last week.  And then Olivia lost it.  Total meltdown.  Owen had already found some cars and was waving at me "Bye Mommy!".  The teacher peeled Olivia off me and I left (crying of course). 

Thank goodness, I ran into Uncle Justin and Lola in the parking lot.  Lola ran right into Olivia's classroom and helped her get calmed down.  Love Lola! She was thrilled to be a big helper. 

Olivia cried almost all day.  Except when she was napping, or when Lola was with her.  How can you resist when a whimpering little girl says "Get Lola!  Lola come again".  If I were her teacher, I would have done the same thing!  Lola, Olivia, and Ms Penny greeted me at the door when I arrived at the end of the day.  They were all chipper, but I believe they spent most of the afternoon in Penny's office so Olivia would be more comfortable. 

Owen on the other hand, had a fabulous day!  He played and colored and ate a great lunch.  And apparently he prefers to organize the toys and put them back where they belong before moving on to a new activity.  He was determined to pick up the entire classroom before he would leave.

Since I didn't get pictures in the morning, I took a few when we got home.  They are showing off their "1st day of school surprises" - new drumsticks for Livie and a new Thomas train crane car for Owen. 




And their first day of school reports....

I was so relieved to hear that Olivia took a good nap, and Owen at least rested quietly.  

Hope to get a better report today, but Olivia cried before we even walked into the school building today. 


No comments:

Post a Comment