Friday, May 21, 2010

Happy Birthday Babies!

I can't believe they are already one month old! In honor of their birthday, the babies threw an all-nighter. I explained that they have about 2o years and 11 months before it is appropriate to stay up all night to celebrate a birthday, but they didn't quite understand! I have caught up on sleep with some naps today. Hopefully Justin is not falling asleep on the job right now.

It seems as though our posts have been mostly regarding screaming and sleeping, so here are a few positive moments in our lives!

1. Both babies weighed about 6 1/2 lbs last week! They are getting big! They don't get officially measured again for a few weeks. Both are almost outgrowing their preemie clothes, and we gave up on preemie diapers as well.

2. On Tuesday, all four of us went to Heritage and walked around the lake. It was perfect. All would be perfect if neither Justin nor I needed to work and we could just spend quality moments like that as a family!

3. On Wednesday night, we had a last minute family dinner at my parents. It was so great to spend time with them, and watch Lola interact with the babies. She always tries to give equal time to each baby, first holding one and then moving to the other. Plus she carries around her doll and feeds and burps it!

4. I just got back from walking to Starbucks with the babies. This was a great plan until I drank too much coffee and then got a side cramp on the way home. Ha, clearly coffee was not the best choice!

5. Tomorrow night, Justin and I are going to a wedding. Which means we are leaving the babies with Justin's parents. It will be great to get out, and I am sure the grandparents are looking forward to some time with the babies!

Hopefully more pictures after the weekend! I have less than 2 weeks left of maternity leave. Let me know if you want to come visit us!

Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment