Sunday, October 24, 2010

I hate peas!

As the title would indicate, I hate peas.  You can ask my mom or dad, it was always an issue.  I'm pretty sure I'd have to have some sort of incentive to eat peas.  Even with a prize at the end it was a challenge.  I'd bury them in my mashed potatoes or shove a spoonful in with whatever else was on the plate.

Lindsay also hates peas.  I can't go into how her childhood pea experiences stack up to mine, maybe she'll add to this post later.

So obviously we'd make sure our babies had to endure the trauma of our childhoods, after all that's what parenting is all about, revenge.



We made baby food today.  I don't know why we decided on peas, I guess because they are really easy to make.  1. Cook peas 2. Blend.  Maybe Lindsay and I weren't given enough peas as children and that's why we don't like them.  Or perhaps we'll sour our kids taste buds on them now so we won't have to pretend to like peas later when O & O are whining about eating their peas.  Any way you cut it, we made our own baby food.  It's something I can see us trying again because it's super cheap and a pretty easy process.  

So far the twins have had mixed responses to carrots and sweet potatoes, both compliments of Gerber.  We'll see how they do with the homemade stuff.  

Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment