Monday, March 17, 2014

Everyone loves a parade

Happy St. Patrick's Day. I'm not Irish. My kids, also not Irish. But we went to the parade anyway. 



Olivia was being pouty and wouldn't look at the camera. She was upset because I didn't bring her big ear protection headphones. You can see I improvised with her music headphones instead. That sort of worked. 


O&O lasted for about an hour. They were pretty bored with only one fire truck and one band. 





After the parade we went to the Roasterie for a "snack" at noon. 

Then we talked about lunch. They wanted to eat in the tent again. I didn't understand. They said we ate in the blue tent. I explained we don't have a blue tent, so we couldn't have eaten in a blue tent. They said it was a tent restaurant. It took a while before I realized that they were talking about Taco Republic- which does have a tent, and we had eaten in it. So that was our next stop. 

By the time we got there it was pushing 1:15, and their attitudes reflected the fact they hadn't napped. I fought them through lunch and i left quickly with two children mid-fit. They fell asleep before we even pulled out of the parking lot. 

All in all, I consider the day a success. We all even managed to wear green. (So no one will get punched- according to Olivia)



Here's some video we shot of the parade. The kid's commentary is hilarious.


No comments:

Post a Comment