Saturday, March 8, 2014

Over the river and all that crap

On a whim I decided to  take the kids to grandma's house. My grandma's house that is. And really to both of my grandmother's houses. They live about 4 blocks apart in Deshler, Nebraska.

Owen and Olivia reluctantly pose for a picture


Deshler is a very small little small town. Did I mention it's small? Owen and Olivia were very perplexed when we'd load up in a car, drive 4 blocks and be where we needed to go.

My mom was up helping my grandpa load up all of his old woodworking equipment to sell. We didn't really have anything better to do, so we drove 4 hours to Nebraska.

The trailer that Owen claims only belongs at a construction site
At the fairgrounds, which is where you have sales, we got to see an old firetruck, which I think was for sale. A gas truck, which I think was also for sale. And a tractor, not for sale.







Inside the old fire truck
A gas truck? Or water truck for the fire?

The fire truck
The tractor

Of course we had a great time, even though they both got away with murder all day for 3 straight days. It's not like grandma, or great grandma or great grandpa were going to bring down the hammer of discipline.




We made it home successfully this morning. Owen and Olivia still need to have home field advantage to pee. On both legs of the 4 hour trip, they told me they'd wait to use the potty until we got home. Pretty impressive to hold it for 4 hours.




Eating at the train restaurant with Grandma and Grandpa Schmidt. (not pictured: the train that runs while you eat) 




No comments:

Post a Comment