Friday, August 20, 2010

Angry all the time

Major development: Olivia is now the easy one.

This happened sometime in the last week or so.  I don't know why, but it did.  The twins went from being of about the same temperament, to polar opposites.  This is best demonstrated in the following video.



Here's the average day with Olivia.  She wakes up about 7 or 8 am, I change her diaper and put some clothes on her.  She loves every stinking minute of it.  Nothing but smiles and coos.  I feed her, which is much easier than it was just two weeks ago.  After a quick burp or two, it's on to happy playtime.  She will lay under her playmat for hours if you let her. She just stares up at the various shapes and animals dangling above her.  When she gets bored and I'm not around to jingle the toys, she'll figure out a way to do it herself.  Sure, she might spit up a time or two, but if she does fuss about it, the smile returns the instant I swoop in to wipe her off.  Back to happy time.

Owen is just pissed off if he doesn't have a bottle.  That's pretty much the only thing that holds his interest.  Sometimes he'll quiet down while being carried around, but I'm not a freaking kangaroo, no pouch.  What are you supposed to do with a very angry young man?

Justin

1 comment:

  1. While this breaks my heart for you because I know you are stressed, this is an absolutely hysterical post!!!

    ReplyDelete