Sunday, March 14, 2010

Planning Ahead

We've had a lot of questions from everyone about when these babies will arrive. Believe me, we have the same questions. We have received some varying opinions to everyone we meet throughout the medical community. A reminder before reading this, I am currently 29 weeks.

The nurse at the hospital said she hopes we make it to 30 weeks. Then she told us that babies born after 32 weeks usually don' t have to go to the NICU, just the special needs nursery. So, that's a good milestone as well. The nurse that does my weekly sonograms showed me pictures of twins born healthy and happy at 28 weeks. We finally asked the doctor, and while she seemed disappointed in the question, she told us that she would not attempt to stop labor after 34 weeks.

My sister thinks they will arrive before 34 weeks. My Dad thinks another Kokoruda March 31st birthday would be fun, but would probably prefer we make it through the NCAA tourney before they arrive(and how could I disagree with that!). We've had requests to work around some people's vacation's - we'll do our best!

I'd like to make it past the tourney (mostly to guarantee Justin's at home when it all goes down!), plus I'd like to get my temporary replacement fully trained at work. I think 34 weeks sound pretty good - I can't imagine how cranky I will be 5 weeks from now! But bottom line, and against my love for scheduling and calendars, we have no idea when they will arrive! I have started baby laundry, and hope to get my suitcase packed pretty soon so that we are prepared.

So, when do you think the babies will come? Make your pick to the right. (How's that for March Madness)  Prize for picking the correct date - a night alone with Owen and Olivia! Ha!

Happy Selection Sunday everyone! Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment