Friday, April 16, 2010

Itchy

Remember a few months ago, when Justin blogged about my itchy belly and said that we only need to worry if I get itchy all over? Well, I got itchy all over. That led to some lab work to evaluate my liver function. I didn't hear results back for a few days, and had a perfect sonogram and non-stress test on Wednesday.

Then on Wednesday evening, I got a call from the doctors office that my labs came back abnormal and I needed to head to the hospital. So, hospital trip #3 began. They monitored the babies and checked my liver enzymes every 6 hours. This was the first hospital trip that included an overnight stay and it was a great practice run. We definitely learned the things we needed that weren't in our bags, and the things we didn't need. About 24 hours later, I was finally released.

I have now been diagnosed with cholistasis of pregnancy, or what I like to call the itchy disease. I will continue taking benadryl like drugs to help the itching, but it won't really go away until the babies arrive.

Each of these hospital trips make us a little more prepared! But, I think it will be shocking when we finally go to the hospital to actually deliver the babies! I am so excited to meet them, but I know they need to wait a little longer to make their big arrival.

Checking out the hospital food menu. Not too bad....

3 comments:

  1. Girl, I had that. I had lots of trouble sleeping. I found that a cold (as cold as you can stand) bucket of water for the itchy feet and if they can give you some Ambien or something to help you sleep, I would take it! You are going to need lots of rest before the little ones arrive. This too shall pass. You're on the home stretch.

    Holly Rook

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsay you should receive an award for being so happy/smiley in all your pictures after all your trips to the doctor! Just reading your post made me feel itchy...Keep on smiling :)So excited to meet Owen & Olivia!

    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my Lindsay....you have been through so much!!! What a trooper you are! Hope you can find some relief from the itchiness! Sounds awful.... Keep us posted!!! Take care of yourself and those sweet little ones!!!

    ReplyDelete